When you are looking to buy kitchen chair covers or dining room chair protectors you may be tempted to pick something off a website that has a nice-looking pattern or looks good in the pictures. But here are some things that may be worth considering before you make that purchase:
- Why are you buying the dining chair covers? Is it simply to change the look of your dining room, or is it primarily to protect the chairs. If your dining room is more of a museum that does not get used, the look alone may be the deciding factor. But if you want to actually protect your chairs from spills and damage, consider the following:
- Is the chair cover waterproof? If your chair cover is only ‘water repellent’ or’water resistant’, or is not waterproof at all, and you have a spill you might find yourself actually doing more work since you have to clean the chair cover plus the chair underneath.
- Is the chair cover washable? If your chair cover is not washable and you have a spill or stain, are you willing to throw away the slipcover, or continue to use it with the stain remaining as an eyesore?
- Can you easily put the chair covers on and take them off? If you need to remove the chair covers to wash them or to change the look of your dining room, will it take you a few seconds for an easy change-out, or will you be frustrated with multiple knots and contraptions? Will you have to climb under the chair to get to some knots each time you want to change the seat protector? Whether you are buying chair covers just for looks or for protective function you will need to change them periodically. This will be an important factor you recognize over time.
Will the dining room chair cover fit on your chairs? Certain chair covers are custom-designed for only one type of chair. Others are more flexible and will fit multiple different styles of chair.
- Is your chair cover comfortable to sit on? Or will your guests be sticking to an uncomfortable plastic seat like the old vinyl chair covers of the 1970’s? Let’s face it, chairs are made to be sat upon. If you never intend to let anyone sit on your chairs then any chair cover will do. However, if you plan to use your chairs you may want to consider making sure they are comfortable for the users.
ViveVita’s Everyday Elegance Chair Covers are waterproof and washable. They can easily and quickly be put on and taken off with a simple hook-and-loop sash. The soft microfiber weave feels good to the touch and they are not made of sticky vinyl.
Our chair covers are a cost effective way to quickly and easily change the look of your kitchen chairs or dining chairs. They are available on Amazon.com. Please feel free to read our reviews on Amazon.com and see what other people are saying about our chair covers.